- It's so cold that I don't mind my baby sister Lulu snuggling up next to me https://t.co/ShC1AxweZ3 1 year ago
- Although I'm not fond of furry-tailed rodents, actually, I'm chasing lizards. @daphnerichards is easily confused. https://t.co/5MQxEmFhAC 1 year ago
- & @abcrocker, @DaphneRichards says nothing is more motivational than my CTG fans, so she'll log on to AaE tomorrow 😄 twitter.com/abcrocker/stat… 1 year ago
- Wow! Looks like I have groupies. 😎 twitter.com/abcrocker/stat… 1 year ago
- Happy #NationalDogDay! https://t.co/WZ8N9HriJR 1 year ago
A while back, I got to spend the day with Jim Kamas, a fruit specialist with the Texas A&M AgriLife Extension Service. Jim invited to Daphne and I to join him at the Stonewall Peach Jamboree. There was lots of excitement: I got to judge peaches and helped pick a winner for “The Perfect Peach,” I was interviewed on the radio (okay, actually, I was pretty quiet and let Daphne and Jim do most of the talking) and I met lots of interesting Stonewallians. Afterwards, we visited a way-cool winery in Fredericksburg. It was pretty hot that day, but I had lots of fun and hope that Jim invites me back next year!
Today was a great day! I met lots of interesting people at the KLRU 50th birthday party in downtown Austin. I spent most of my time watching kids make rainbow bracelets with the Master Gardeners in the Central Texas Gardener booth.
But the highlight of my day was getting to meet Clifford the Big Red Dog! The lines were very long to meet all of the wonderful PBS characters, but my new friend Séamus got me backstage to meet the very best character of all, Clifford!
Clifford spends most of his time with Cleo, Norville and Emily Elizabeth having fun and helping others. So Augie and I are very grateful that he took time from his busy schedule to visit Austin and celebrate our wonderful PBS station, KLRU.
After talking and thinking about it for ages, Daphne has finally gotten started on my blog. It’s about time. I’ve been helping her to meet awesome Austinites for almost two years now!